St Luke’s Church, known locally as the ‘Bombed Out Church’, suffered catastrophic damage during the May Blitz of 1941, leaving only its external masonry standing.
Overgrown and inaccessible, the site lay derelict for over 60 years, before being cleared, and transformed by a series of cultural events, reopening the space to the public. It is now an established venue for theatre, dance, classical and world music, visual art, cinema, and spoken word, as well as alternate and participatory forms of work.
Telephone: 0151 374 0366
Access by ramps, slopes and/or manual doors
The public can contact the venue by at least one of these methods: Textphone / Fax / Email
Assistance dogs are welcome
Bombed Out Church